How to apply for a BPS qualification in test use
I've read The BPS Qualifications in Test Use Leaflet, and can see that holding a qualification would benefit my working practice. What do I do next?
- Identify the level of training to which you wish to be trained (see The BPS Qualifications in Test Use Leaflet for a description of the competencies associated with each qualification).
- Find a training course provider, by visiting the Directory of Providers: Assessment/Training.
- Contact the training provider and arrange to undertake relevant training. (Please check with the provider that the course and the assessment you wish to undertake will lead to a BPS qualification).
- On successful assessment of your competence following completion of the training course, your trainer/Assessor will ask you to fill in and sign a consent form. Your Assessor will then send an electronic affirmation of your competence in the qualification to the BPS.
- The BPS will send you an invoice, and you pay a fee to have your qualification registered and an annual fee for your entry on the BPS’ Register of Qualifications in Test Use (RQTU). See The BPS Qualifications in Test Use Leaflet for details of the fee for each qualification.
- The BPS issues you your certificate in the qualification you have gained, enters you onto the RQTU and allows you access to the RQTU member benefits.
- Each year, you affirm your continued competence in test use
For more information about the BPS qualifications in test use, including how to apply, please see:
BPS Chartered Members who wish to apply for the qualifications in testing in forensic contexts should visit Qualifications in Testing in Forensic Contexts.
The Test User's Handbook provides further information for those seeking training and assessment leading to eligibility for one or more of the Society's qualifications in test use.
For existing test users this guidance is also aimed at those who want to further develop their knowledge and skills in this area.
An overview of what test users are able to do when they hold a BPS qualification in test use can be accessed in the Training and Research area of the website.
Information for Assessors
How do I apply to become a BPS Verified Assessor?
The Assessor’s Handbook outlines the process for becoming a BPS Verified Assessor, and explains the roles and responsibilities of Verified Assessors, Delegated Assessors and Verifiers.
Documentation for Assessors who wish to apply to become BPS Verified Assessors
The below Guidance for Assessors Forms describe the competencies associated with each of the BPS qualifications in test use. These forms should be used by Assessors who wish to become BPS Verified Assessors to indicate where in their assessment materials each competency is assessed.
Assessors will need to complete and submit the relevant Guidance Form with their Assessor's Application Form. If applying for Verification in more than one personality instrument, a completed Guidance Form will be required for each instrument.
Educational Qualifications in Test Use Guidance Forms
Forensic Qualifications in Test Use Guidance Forms
Occupational Qualifications in Test Use Guidance Forms
The Assessor’s Schedule of Fees outlines the fees payable for Verification, Quality Assurance and Reconfirmation. Please visit the glossary of terms in the Assessor's Handbook for an explanation of these terms.
If you have any enquiries relating to Verification, please contact us.