How to Apply & Packs
How do I gain a BPS qualification in test use?
- Identify the level of training to which you wish to be trained (see The Test User’s Handbook for a description of the competencies associated with each qualification).
- Find a training course provider, by visiting the Directory of Providers: Assessment/Training.
- Contact the training provider and arrange to undertake relevant training. (Please check with the provider that the course and the assessment you wish to undertake will lead to a BPS qualification).
- On successful assessment of your competence following completion of the relevant training course, your trainer/Assessor will ask you to fill in and sign a consent form so that they can send an affirmation of your competence in the qualification to the BPS.
- You pay a fee to have your qualification registered and an annual fee for your entry on the BPS’ Register of Qualifications in Test Use (RQTU). See the Test User’s Schedule of Fees below for details of the fee for each qualification.
- The BPS issues you your certificate in the qualification you have gained, enters you onto the RQTU and allows you access to the RQTU member benefits.
- Each year, you affirm your continued competence in test use
The Test User's Handbook provides information for those seeking training and assessment leading to eligibility for one or more of the Society's qualifications in test use. It describes how test users can register qualifications to build up a profile of competence over time.
For existing test users this guidance is also aimed at those who want to further develop their knowledge and skills in this area.
An overview of what test users are able to do when they hold the Society's qualifications in test use can be accessed in the Training and Research area of the website.
Thinking of pursuing training and assessment as a test user?
Please visit the Directory of Providers (Assessment/Training).
Have you just been assessed as a competent test user? Do you want to find the fees for BPS test user qualifications and entry on the Register of Qualifications in Test Use (RQTU)?
The Test User's Schedule of Fees outlines the fees payable to the Society for qualifications in test use and for an annual entry on the Register of Qualifications in Test Use (RQTU).
Information for Educational, Forensic and Occupational Assessors
If you are a prospective Assessor or your existing Assessor’s Certificate is due to expire, the finalised documents below relate to Verification and Quality Assurance in the new test standards. Please note we are no longer verifying Assessors in the old test standards. Applications for Verification are being handled on a first come first served basis.
Information for Assessors
How do I apply to become a BPS Verified Assessor?
The Assessor’s Handbook outlines the process for becoming a BPS Verified Assessor, and explains the roles and responsibilities of Verified Assessors, Delegated Assessors and Verifiers.
Documention for Assessors who wish to apply to become BPS Verified Assessors
The below proformas describe the competencies associated with each of the BPS qualifications in test use. These proformas should be used by Assessors who wish to become BPS Verified Assessors to indicate where in their assessment materials each competency is assessed.
Assessors will need to complete and submit the relevant proforma with their Assessor's Application Form. If applying for Verification in more than one personality instrument, a completed proforma will be required for each instrument.
Educational Qualifications in Test Use Proformas
Forensic Qualifications in Test Use Proformas
Occupational Qualifications in Test Use Proformas
The Assessor’s Schedule of Fees outlines the fees payable for Verification, Quality Assurance and Reconfirmation. Please visit the glossary of terms in the Assessor's Handbook for an explanation of these terms.
If you have any enquiries relating to Verification, please contact us.