Emotional Quotient Inventory 2.0Multi-Health Systems Inc
Summary of Test Review
General description of Test
The EQ-i 2.0 measures a set of emotional and social skills that influence the way we:
• perceive and express ourselves,
• develop and maintain social relationships,
• cope with challenges, and
• use emotional information in an effective and meaningful way.
The EQ-i 2.0 model of Emotional Intelligence is comprised of fifteen factors across five categories of functioning, and is based on a model developed by Dr Reuven Bar-On during his dissertation work, his review of the literature on emotional functioning, and from his own clinical practice. The latest version EQ-i 2.0 has been subject to considerable revision based on subsequent research and feedback. The fifteen scales measured by EQ-i 2.0 are called Self-Regard, Emotional Self-Awareness, Assertiveness, Independence, Empathy, Social Responsibility, Interpersonal Relationship, Stress Tolerance, Impulse Control, Reality Testing, Flexibility, Problem Solving, Self-Actualization, Optimism and Happiness. The instrument is computer administered via an on-line portal although a paper version can be used and the responses input to score and generate reports.
There are three reports as follows:
1. The Leadership Report (with two variations, one designed for the ‘client’ and the other designed for the ‘coach’). This structures the feedback around four key leadership dimensions – Authenticity, Coaching, Insight and Innovation.
2. The Workplace Report (also with two variations, one designed for the ‘client’ and the other designed for the ‘coach’). This structures the feedback around the five main factors each comprising of three underlying scales.
3. The Group Report which brings together results from a number of different people and intended for use when working with teams or groups.
The instrument is designed to be suitable for any participant over eighteen years of age and to be used in occupational, educational and psycho-clinical settings. The instrument is expected to take between 20 and 30 minutes to complete. Training in the use of the instrument is required before it can be purchased and accessed. This training is provided by licensed distributors across the world.
Authors of Original Test
Dr Reuven Bar-On
Date of Original Review
Date of Publication of Current Review / Edition
Personality - Trait
Personality - State
Main Area of Use
Advice, guidance and career choice
General health, life and well-being
Work and Occupational
Full Test Review
BPS and RQTU members login now